Youth Worker (20 hours per week).
Wishaw Baptist Church, North Lanarkshire.
An enthusiastic person is sought to work with our existing Bible Class/Youth, age 11- 20, and to develop further Youth work within the church and within the wider community of Wishaw.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A passionate and contagious faith in Jesus.
- Commitment to helping young people grow in their personal relationship with Jesus.
- Good interpersonal skills who is able to relate across the social and generational spectrum.
- Proven skills in the area of young people’s ministry.
- Has a sense of fun and adventure about life and ministry with Jesus.
The post would involve preparing and leading the Bible Class on Sunday mornings, organising Christian and social events on Saturdays and at other times as required. The Youth worker would supervise the young people at outside events.
PVG disclosure is required.
Genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Christian (Equality Act 2010).
Remuneration £18,000 – £25,500 FTE according to qualifications and previous experience.
Duration: 3 years with a 3 month probationary period.
Start date: Ideally mid- January
Closing date: 14 December
Interview date: Early January
For a job description and application form please contact Linda Davis, Church Secretary: email@example.com
Informal enquiries welcome: contact Irene Rayner, 01698 358891